(originally published on August 28, 2012)
Sunday was a gorgeous day in Ptown. Perfect for walking into town in the morning, no one around. People were either sleeping off their Saturday night, at the beach, or hanging out with the Vice President who was at the Pilgrim Monument for a fundraiser. I took a ton of photos, bought a space hat for my costume for the Space Camp Party at Camp Mighty, and grabbed an iced coffee to drink on the deck of the Aqua Bar while watching the boats move in and out of the harbor and the sun sparkling on the water. Although I could feel the weight of summer ending and the deep sadness that always accompanies it, late August can be pretty amazing.
In a couple of weeks, Ptown will hold it's 25th annual Swim for Life. As part of the celebration, 2,500 prayer ribbons collected over the years are displayed in front of the town library. Each one is dedicated to someone who has been honored, both in life and in death. Most have died from AIDS. I took some time out of my morning to photograph them and read through the messages. I'd like to share a few with all of you.
This Month ...
- strolling through the inns and sporting my ugly sweater during Holly Folly weekend
- tasting this year's new menu items for the holidays courtesy of The Super Mr.
- eating stone crab and key lime pie in Fort Lauderdale and soaking up some vitmain D
- meeting my nutritionist
- eating at the Winter Lodge pop-up and enjoying the Holiday Market at The Canteen
- searching for the whale bone remains in Truro
- hosting our Christmas celebration a bit earlier but with all the celebratory festiveness
- watching all of the Hallmark movies (help!!)
- cozying up on the couch on Christmas Day with friends and playing the Hallmark Christmas Movie drinking game by the fire
- celebrating the New Year with drag bingo, Wellstrung, and fireworks
- being grateful for a transformative year and reflecting on all the changes it has brought
- working on my 2019 intentions