(originally published on September 17, 2012)
I've been dragging my feet. I don't really want to post my last summer-themed topics. Sigh. Here goes ...
Last weekend was Summer Extension Weekend, which is filled with rituals we've developed to close out the season. One of the most important ones is cheering on the swimmers who participate in the Swim for Life. And this year was the 25th anniversary so there were lots of swimmers and lots of cheerleaders to help us with our closing weekend. Some scenes form the morning ...
They added flags to help the swimmers know where to go when they reach land. Definitely helpful! I've seem them come ashore up and down the coastline.
This is my friend, JR, who had a friend swimming again this year.
The drum section leading the cheers.
So great to see so many people participating (with the landmark Pilgrim Monument in the background.)
Gorgeous blue sky day!
This instagrammed photo is my best shot of the actual swimmers. It was such a low tide that they hit sand far out into the harbor. JR and I thought they should have to sprint to the waterline. This is a sporty event! Run!
Towards the end of the pack, the kayakers who guide the swimmers start to land on shore.
And the surest sign of the end of the Swim ...
This Month ...
- enjoying Easter brunch with the moms
- getting the squad back together for Harbor Lounge's seasonal opener
- preparing for surgery (again, yes, but outpatient!)
- spring cleaning everything
- attending the annual CASAS fundraiser dinner at The Pointe
- soldiering through the annual Town Meeting
- attending an author event at our local bookstore
- listening to a different part of the story at the Moby Dick Read-a-thon
- not overdoing it but totally not missing out on Strangers and Saints opening day, even if it is right after might surgery
- priming my resume to hop back into the action again