(originally published on June 13, 2013)
You know how I always say you have to look up? Tiny's in Ptown is a perfect example of what you'll miss if you don't.
Located upstairs on a second floor deck on Commercial Street, the place is easy to miss. Tiny's focuses on local food (most ingredients are purchased within 150 miles) and has some amazing healthy and unique options for any foodie.
Plus it has a view of the water and of the street traffic below, which, if you know Ptown, is the best show on earth.
I had their lobster dog -- house made lobster sausage sauteed in brown butter and topped with a dill slaw. It was delicious! And the fries were just perfect!
I also had the most refreshing basil and pink grapefruit soda made from fresh squeezed juice, basil syrup, and a splash of soda.
I plan to return many times this summer so I can try other things on their wonderful menu! And remember to look up. You never know what you'll find.
This Month ...
- celebrate the opening of The Red Inn for the season
- wear my new facinator to Harbor Lounge's annual Derby Party
- hike with a Massachusetts Audubon guide through the backwoods of Truro and Wellfleet
- listen to Monica Lewinsky and Ari Melber discuss stuff in the Hawthorne Barn
- experience several artist open houses at Twenty Summers
- get our annual townie passes for Tea Dance
- have our first meal of the season at Moby Dick's and Terra Luna and the Nor'East Beer Garden and Front Street and Mistralino and The Mayflower and ...
- take the moms out to brunch at a new to us place up Cape
- plant everything in our garden and on the deck (HOORAY!)
- figure out how to watch Eurovision this year (since Logo is not airing it!)
- enjoy all the free food at the annual JD's/Saki opening party (our favorite!)
- check out some of the events during Ptown Fashion Week
- pray for a cancellation for JURY DUTY
- explore Falmouth and finally try that lobster ice cream
- collect boxes of stuff to donate for the town's Monumental Yard Sale
- start buying fresh produce at the Wellfleet Farmers Market and filling my glass bottles at the Green Road Refill bus
- see some films in the Jamaican Film Festival
- enjoy our annual Lunch with Ezra at The Canteen (and the start of Boston friends visiting Ptown)
- buy some tubers at the Dahlia Sale
- do a night climb at Highland Light
- get up in the middle of the night to buy all the things in Target's Vineyard Vines collection
- bite my nails while watching the Game of Thones finale
- go to the Rhododendron Festival in Sandwich
- shiver through our first day at the POOL
- view the LASER RAINBOW that will be back again for Pride Weekend