(originally published July 4, 2011)
I'm starting a new series, the Colors of Ptown. Today is a special edition in honor of my favorite holiday (yes, I like it better than Christmas!)
Happy Fourth of July, everyone!
1) Pool Boy and Strawberry Daiquiri, Ptown Pool; 2) Lobster Pot; 3) Home on the PAAM Secret Garden Tour; 4) Townsend's; 5) Bar at the Ptown Pool; 6) West End sign; 7) Piggy banks at Century; 8) Raw Bar at Aqua Bar; 9) Arnold's Bicycle Shop; 10) The Red Inn from the beach; and 11) boat in the Ptown harbor.
This Month ...
- finally getting some Vitamin D poolside!
- wearing all my rainbow gear for Ptown's FIRST Pride weekend
- taking home locally gorwn foods from our farmers markets and roadside stands
- watching the rowers in Ptown's Coastal Regatta
- enjoying an interesting documentary during Ptown's Film Festival (20th year!)
- eating all the Portuguese foods during the Portuguese Festival
- watching the Blessing of the Fleet (an annual favorite of mine)
- celebrating the summer solstice in grand style
- finally seeing The Wailers after multiple attempts every summer
- listening to the speakers at Ptown's first TEDx
- whale watching before the summer gets away from me
- exploring Cape Cod Maritime Museum, Highland Museum, Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory, and the Edward Gorey House
- climb the Highland Light during sunset
- finish summerifying the house and deck