(originally published on November 26, 2012)
One of the mornings at Camp Mighty, I had an hour to kill before the first session. I had just finished breakfast where Nicole had shared with me that the neighborhood right next door had some awesome mid-century modern architecture. Yippee! I was off.
I quickly realized that every person I passed on the street was a gay man. A gay man with a dog. A gay man with a dog who lives in a mid-century modern house. A gay man with a dog who lives in a mid-century modern house with a palm tree in it's yard. And they all were friendly and said hello. Even the ones on their bikes. One even stopped for a conversation with me. It was SURREAL. And joyous. I kept thinking, "I LOVE it here!" The photos that follow speak for themselves. Except for that last one. I shall comment on that.
The font! The screen fence! The sun pouring out from behind it! The mother-effing PALM TREE! To quote one of my least favorite people on the planet, "I die."
Moving plans are in the works.
This Month ...
- strolling through the inns and sporting my ugly sweater during Holly Folly weekend
- tasting this year's new menu items for the holidays courtesy of The Super Mr.
- eating stone crab and key lime pie in Fort Lauderdale and soaking up some vitmain D
- meeting my nutritionist
- eating at the Winter Lodge pop-up and enjoying the Holiday Market at The Canteen
- searching for the whale bone remains in Truro
- hosting our Christmas celebration a bit earlier but with all the celebratory festiveness
- watching all of the Hallmark movies (help!!)
- cozying up on the couch on Christmas Day with friends and playing the Hallmark Christmas Movie drinking game by the fire
- celebrating the New Year with drag bingo, Wellstrung, and fireworks
- being grateful for a transformative year and reflecting on all the changes it has brought
- working on my 2019 intentions