(originally published on November 26, 2012)
One of the mornings at Camp Mighty, I had an hour to kill before the first session. I had just finished breakfast where Nicole had shared with me that the neighborhood right next door had some awesome mid-century modern architecture. Yippee! I was off.
I quickly realized that every person I passed on the street was a gay man. A gay man with a dog. A gay man with a dog who lives in a mid-century modern house. A gay man with a dog who lives in a mid-century modern house with a palm tree in it's yard. And they all were friendly and said hello. Even the ones on their bikes. One even stopped for a conversation with me. It was SURREAL. And joyous. I kept thinking, "I LOVE it here!" The photos that follow speak for themselves. Except for that last one. I shall comment on that.
The font! The screen fence! The sun pouring out from behind it! The mother-effing PALM TREE! To quote one of my least favorite people on the planet, "I die."
Moving plans are in the works.
This Month ...
- finally getting some Vitamin D poolside!
- wearing all my rainbow gear for Ptown's FIRST Pride weekend
- taking home locally gorwn foods from our farmers markets and roadside stands
- watching the rowers in Ptown's Coastal Regatta
- enjoying an interesting documentary during Ptown's Film Festival (20th year!)
- eating all the Portuguese foods during the Portuguese Festival
- watching the Blessing of the Fleet (an annual favorite of mine)
- celebrating the summer solstice in grand style
- finally seeing The Wailers after multiple attempts every summer
- listening to the speakers at Ptown's first TEDx
- whale watching before the summer gets away from me
- exploring Cape Cod Maritime Museum, Highland Museum, Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory, and the Edward Gorey House
- climb the Highland Light during sunset
- finish summerifying the house and deck