(originally published on December 20, 2013)
Still catching up here! The Mr. and I joined our friends A and G in NYC last month. G was running the marathon and the rest of us were spectating. Who knew that it took so much plotting and planning and coordination to watch people run?
No sleep til Brooklyn!
And G finished under 4 hours!
And this is what we did while he was running 26 gazillion miles. Spectating like a boss.
Afterwards, we celebrated at Keen's. We went all out with oysters, thick-cut bacon slabs, steaks, sweets, drinks ... we had it all!
This, Scotch-lovers, is the Scotchy Scotch Scotch menu. All. Scotches.
And because we were all a little tipsy, we ended the night in the Ice Bar. Complete with man furs, sickly sweet drinks, and an empty wallet. That place robbed us blind. But we do have awesome photos!
The next day after A and G headed back home, we took an official tour of Grand Central Station.
I was bummed that The Campbell Apartment was closed for some sort of photo shoot, but we ended up in the Oyster Bar instead.
It really is the coolest place and I definitely recommend the official tour!
So we also did quite a bit of eating ... clockwise from upper left: 1. Carnegie Deli 2. warm poached pear salad at Robert 3. corned beef and egg sandwich at Carnegie Deli 4. bagels to go from Ess-a-Bagel 5. the super secret Burger Joint hidden in Le Parker Meridien
And, of course, we did some sightseeing. clockwise from upper left: 1. inside the Chrysler Building 2. the view from our hotel room at the Hilton, 3. the Empire State Building, 4. the Moleskine "store" -- so disappointed to find out it was a tiny kiosk, 5. view from the R Lounge onto Times Square
Thanks A and G for an awesome weekend! We had a blast!
For your own NYC travel planning, you can take a look at my Tripline with all the addresses and locations of places we visited, including some places not featured in this post. And I've already started a new one for the next trip. So, so much to do in that city!
This Month ...
- celebrate the opening of The Red Inn for the season
- wear my new facinator to Harbor Lounge's annual Derby Party
- hike with a Massachusetts Audubon guide through the backwoods of Truro and Wellfleet
- listen to Monica Lewinsky and Ari Melber discuss stuff in the Hawthorne Barn
- experience several artist open houses at Twenty Summers
- get our annual townie passes for Tea Dance
- have our first meal of the season at Moby Dick's and Terra Luna and the Nor'East Beer Garden and Front Street and Mistralino and The Mayflower and ...
- take the moms out to brunch at a new to us place up Cape
- plant everything in our garden and on the deck (HOORAY!)
- figure out how to watch Eurovision this year (since Logo is not airing it!)
- enjoy all the free food at the annual JD's/Saki opening party (our favorite!)
- check out some of the events during Ptown Fashion Week
- pray for a cancellation for JURY DUTY
- explore Falmouth and finally try that lobster ice cream
- collect boxes of stuff to donate for the town's Monumental Yard Sale
- start buying fresh produce at the Wellfleet Farmers Market and filling my glass bottles at the Green Road Refill bus
- see some films in the Jamaican Film Festival
- enjoy our annual Lunch with Ezra at The Canteen (and the start of Boston friends visiting Ptown)
- buy some tubers at the Dahlia Sale
- do a night climb at Highland Light
- get up in the middle of the night to buy all the things in Target's Vineyard Vines collection
- bite my nails while watching the Game of Thones finale
- go to the Rhododendron Festival in Sandwich
- shiver through our first day at the POOL
- view the LASER RAINBOW that will be back again for Pride Weekend