(originally published on August 29, 2012)
This post in the Shapes of Ptown summer series started out as a post about octagons. But they were kind of hard to find. Except for the octagonal windows that every building seems to have in town, including my mom's home. I've expanded the focus to cover anything with at least 5 sides. To start, below is the Octagonal House in the West End.
That last one looks like it belongs in the star post, but there is a pentagon in the middle!
This Month ...
- hike out to the shack at Lighthouse Beach
- tour the Old Harbor Lifesaving Station
- go cranberry picking in the dunes
- check out Canteen's Octoberfest
- go on the Dunes, Heathlands, and Bogs hike
- do the Trails with the Classics Cape Cod writers hikes
- switch out fall plants
- participate in Wampanoag Day at the Pilgrim Monument
- work through the Release/Renew course
- go to the Provincetown Conservation Trust's Green Party
- take the maskmaking class for the Day of the Dead
- dress up for Hallowee Tea
- participate in the Medicinal Herbs Workshop
- go on the Bird Nerd community gardens birding trip up Cape
- keep working on my 52 Hike Challenge
- finish my embroidery project