(originally published on August 29, 2012)
This post in the Shapes of Ptown summer series started out as a post about octagons. But they were kind of hard to find. Except for the octagonal windows that every building seems to have in town, including my mom's home. I've expanded the focus to cover anything with at least 5 sides. To start, below is the Octagonal House in the West End.
That last one looks like it belongs in the star post, but there is a pentagon in the middle!
This Month ...
- searching for snowy owls
- continuing our weekend hikes on the winter beaches
- tasting wine with chocolate at Truro Vineyards
- welcoming all the restaurants back from their January break
- exploring up Cape on two trips to Hyannis this month
- planning my Jamaica outfits for our trip next month
- doing a 24 in 48 reading challenge (reading for 24 hours of 48)
- picking up flowers at the local flower bar at The Plant Workshop
- inhaling the French onion soup at Ross' Grill
- checking out one of two-only-all-season dates for shellfishing on the East End flats
- learning about growing succulents and cacti in New England
- also leanring about seabirds at Race Point