(originally published on August 29, 2012)
This post in the Shapes of Ptown summer series started out as a post about octagons. But they were kind of hard to find. Except for the octagonal windows that every building seems to have in town, including my mom's home. I've expanded the focus to cover anything with at least 5 sides. To start, below is the Octagonal House in the West End.
That last one looks like it belongs in the star post, but there is a pentagon in the middle!
This Month ...
- strolling through the inns and sporting my ugly sweater during Holly Folly weekend
- tasting this year's new menu items for the holidays courtesy of The Super Mr.
- eating stone crab and key lime pie in Fort Lauderdale and soaking up some vitmain D
- meeting my nutritionist
- eating at the Winter Lodge pop-up and enjoying the Holiday Market at The Canteen
- searching for the whale bone remains in Truro
- hosting our Christmas celebration a bit earlier but with all the celebratory festiveness
- watching all of the Hallmark movies (help!!)
- cozying up on the couch on Christmas Day with friends and playing the Hallmark Christmas Movie drinking game by the fire
- celebrating the New Year with drag bingo, Wellstrung, and fireworks
- being grateful for a transformative year and reflecting on all the changes it has brought
- working on my 2019 intentions