(originally published on September 5, 2012)
So perhaps not an official shape we learned watching Romper Room, but it is oddly everywhere in Ptown. Or maybe not so oddly.
This is the last post in the summer series of 2012. I'm sad. While I loved doing the colors series last year, this one really challenged me to look at everything. I even found shapes in things I passed dozens of times over the summer. They really are not so easy to spot.
Most people are declaring the summer over, but if you've spent any time on Juniper Disco you know I don't let this season go easily. I have at least two more weeks of summer posts before I concede defeat. Hope you'll stick around and bask in the sun just a little longer with me.
This Month ...
- finally getting some Vitamin D poolside!
- wearing all my rainbow gear for Ptown's FIRST Pride weekend
- taking home locally gorwn foods from our farmers markets and roadside stands
- watching the rowers in Ptown's Coastal Regatta
- enjoying an interesting documentary during Ptown's Film Festival (20th year!)
- eating all the Portuguese foods during the Portuguese Festival
- watching the Blessing of the Fleet (an annual favorite of mine)
- celebrating the summer solstice in grand style
- finally seeing The Wailers after multiple attempts every summer
- listening to the speakers at Ptown's first TEDx
- whale watching before the summer gets away from me
- exploring Cape Cod Maritime Museum, Highland Museum, Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory, and the Edward Gorey House
- climb the Highland Light during sunset
- finish summerifying the house and deck