(originally published on September 5, 2012)
So perhaps not an official shape we learned watching Romper Room, but it is oddly everywhere in Ptown. Or maybe not so oddly.
This is the last post in the summer series of 2012. I'm sad. While I loved doing the colors series last year, this one really challenged me to look at everything. I even found shapes in things I passed dozens of times over the summer. They really are not so easy to spot.
Most people are declaring the summer over, but if you've spent any time on Juniper Disco you know I don't let this season go easily. I have at least two more weeks of summer posts before I concede defeat. Hope you'll stick around and bask in the sun just a little longer with me.
This Month ...
- celebrate the opening of The Red Inn for the season
- wear my new facinator to Harbor Lounge's annual Derby Party
- hike with a Massachusetts Audubon guide through the backwoods of Truro and Wellfleet
- listen to Monica Lewinsky and Ari Melber discuss stuff in the Hawthorne Barn
- experience several artist open houses at Twenty Summers
- get our annual townie passes for Tea Dance
- have our first meal of the season at Moby Dick's and Terra Luna and the Nor'East Beer Garden and Front Street and Mistralino and The Mayflower and ...
- take the moms out to brunch at a new to us place up Cape
- plant everything in our garden and on the deck (HOORAY!)
- figure out how to watch Eurovision this year (since Logo is not airing it!)
- enjoy all the free food at the annual JD's/Saki opening party (our favorite!)
- check out some of the events during Ptown Fashion Week
- pray for a cancellation for JURY DUTY
- explore Falmouth and finally try that lobster ice cream
- collect boxes of stuff to donate for the town's Monumental Yard Sale
- start buying fresh produce at the Wellfleet Farmers Market and filling my glass bottles at the Green Road Refill bus
- see some films in the Jamaican Film Festival
- enjoy our annual Lunch with Ezra at The Canteen (and the start of Boston friends visiting Ptown)
- buy some tubers at the Dahlia Sale
- do a night climb at Highland Light
- get up in the middle of the night to buy all the things in Target's Vineyard Vines collection
- bite my nails while watching the Game of Thones finale
- go to the Rhododendron Festival in Sandwich
- shiver through our first day at the POOL
- view the LASER RAINBOW that will be back again for Pride Weekend