(originally pubished on November 22, 2012)
Today is the Mr.'s 40th birthday. And he gets to share his special day with a little thing I like to call "Thanksgiving." Do not worry about him. We have a cool birthday trip planned for next week that involves a Caribbean beach and daiquiris!
As I did last year, I'm sharing a few shots I've taken of him looking out at the world. From the back, as usual.
Watching the ice skaters on Frog Pond, Boston, MA
Prepping for our New Year's Day plunge, Gloucester, MA
La Concha, San Juan, Puerto Rico
Passing rain shower, Negril, Jamaica
In the Beer Tub at Rick's Cafe, Negril, Jamaica
George Eastman House, Rochester, NY
George's Island, Boston, MA
Boston Harbor, Boston, MA (He's not saluting. Just shading his eyes.)
Wellfleet Harbor, Wellfleet, MA
Grilling, Provincetown, MA
Provincetown Harbor, Provincetown, MA
Sunrise, Head of the Meadow Beach, Truro, MA
Cranberry Harvest Celebration, Wareham, MA
Happy Birthday, honey! So glad you're old like me now!
This Month ...
- finally getting some Vitamin D poolside!
- wearing all my rainbow gear for Ptown's FIRST Pride weekend
- taking home locally gorwn foods from our farmers markets and roadside stands
- watching the rowers in Ptown's Coastal Regatta
- enjoying an interesting documentary during Ptown's Film Festival (20th year!)
- eating all the Portuguese foods during the Portuguese Festival
- watching the Blessing of the Fleet (an annual favorite of mine)
- celebrating the summer solstice in grand style
- finally seeing The Wailers after multiple attempts every summer
- listening to the speakers at Ptown's first TEDx
- whale watching before the summer gets away from me
- exploring Cape Cod Maritime Museum, Highland Museum, Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory, and the Edward Gorey House
- climb the Highland Light during sunset
- finish summerifying the house and deck