(originally published on July 26, 2013)
- waking up to much, much cooler temperatures and actually looking forward to an indoor day
- wearing an only-at-the-beach outfit: pale grey light sweater and white yoga pants with flip flops
- taking the super long lead to the beach for Tipper to run as much as she wanted
- picking up all the plastic trash from the beach and depositing it in the recycling bin
- finding a tiny skeleton of a snake? an eel? at the beach
- comfort food on a chilly (!) day
- a snuggly puppy looking for warmth
- a long nap nestled in the magical "sleeping chair"
- ... followed by a bowl of ice cream
- reading, reading, reading
- watching our neighbor tend his dahlias dressed in a sweatshirt and Hawaiian lei
- realizing at the end of the day that you did little more than stare into space and wishing there were more days like that
"Even beauty, in abundance, turns creepy."
--Karen Thompson Walker, The Age of Miracles
This Month ...
- finally getting some Vitamin D poolside!
- wearing all my rainbow gear for Ptown's FIRST Pride weekend
- taking home locally gorwn foods from our farmers markets and roadside stands
- watching the rowers in Ptown's Coastal Regatta
- enjoying an interesting documentary during Ptown's Film Festival (20th year!)
- eating all the Portuguese foods during the Portuguese Festival
- watching the Blessing of the Fleet (an annual favorite of mine)
- celebrating the summer solstice in grand style
- finally seeing The Wailers after multiple attempts every summer
- listening to the speakers at Ptown's first TEDx
- whale watching before the summer gets away from me
- exploring Cape Cod Maritime Museum, Highland Museum, Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory, and the Edward Gorey House
- climb the Highland Light during sunset
- finish summerifying the house and deck