(originally published on July 31, 2013)
- iced tea and lots of it!
- a warm sun, crisp air snoozy lazy day at the pool
- a big grilled chicken ceasar salad and did I mention the iced tea?
- (sadly) dropping off the Mr. for his boat back to Boston
- a very snuggly puppy
- pineapple in my grilled chicken wrap
- a quick nap
- an evening out in town seeing Leslie Jordan's show at The Crown and Anchor
- an early turn-in for bed
"Underneath, I will write my name in fire red."
--Jean Rhys, Wide Sargasso Sea
This Month ...
- celebrate the Fourth with extra special family in town
- see BenDeLaCreme and Varla Jean in their new shows
- enjoy time with lots of people I only see once a year when they come to town
- take my first wheelthrowing class
- celebrate lots of birthdays and graduations
- go to the DeGroot exhibit opening at PAAM
- check out the Dill Beach Camp in Eastham
- take the shuttle out to Long Point
- learn what the heck is wrong with my hydrangeas at Hydrangea University
- go sailing on the Hindu and the Bay Lady
- splash around the marshes and flats with Stephen
- tour the Old Harbor Lifesaving Station
- spend two days at the other end of the Cape exploring
- go blueberry picking
- snoop around the gardens at the Secret Garden Tour and the Cape Cod Hydrangea Festival
- finally see the Cape Cod Dance Festival at the Province Lands Outdoor Amphitheater
- do the Friday night gallery stroll
- enjoy a 5-Day Staycation -- no laundry, no cleaning, no guests!
- eat pizza at the bonfire on the beach
- check out the latest Cape Cod Modern Trust's house, the Kohlberg House
- go on a whale watch
- sip some wine at Truro Vineyards Sunday Funday