(originally published on August 2, 2013)
- the longest morning beach walk with Tipper yet
- finding the prettiest piece of aqua sea glass glittering in the sun
- rescuing sea life from the nasty Mylar balloon on the beach, the same one I saw floating offshore earlier in the week.
- giving myself permission to do nothing all afternoon but read on the deck
- mom making a favorite meal from childhood, cornmeal mush
- awaking from a nap to find drool down the side of my face (now that's a good nap!)
- finishing another wonderful book and starting a fifth (which is actually a re-read and prep for my Martha Beck weekend at Kripalu)
- fish and chips with malt vinegar at The Mayflower
- a fun evening of drag at the Whale Extravaganza benefit for the Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies, complete with several standing ovations, a few RuPaul's Drag Race contestants (including Jinkx Monsoon), and Brini Maxwell (who sang her signature song, "Entertaining at Home," and wore fabulous 60s outfits)
"Knowledge is no longer power, because knowledge is no longer scarce. What is scarce is human attention."
--Martha Beck, Finding Your Way in a Wild New World