(originally published on August 3, 2013)
- waking up to rain and thinking, "This is nice."
- appreciating the slower pace in the town in the morning and being able to drive as slow as I want without anyone beeping
- marveling again how nice it is to be in a place where you can hear the boats' horns as they back out
- devouring the fried leftover cornmeal mush my mom made special for me for breakfast -- with maple syrup
- finishing my Jamaica One Love Bus Tour video (watch it here)
- eating cheddar dogs for lunch
- stopping to buy strawberry pineapple jam and red pepper jelly at Briar Lanes Jam Stand in Wellfleet
- picking up some super crusty french fig and fennel bread at PB Boulangerie in Wellfleet
- winning this year's distance category for flying lobster pieces while eating at Moby Dicks, also in Welfleet (see lobster in photo above)
- seeing the ospreys still in their nest in Wellfleet Harbor
- enjoying the mix of maple bacon and peanut butter swirl ice cream
- seeing a chipmunk at the ice cream place and watching it jump from table to tree to ground and back again
- stopping at the Head of the Meadow beach to see how big the tidal pool has gotten (answer: HUGE)
- a whole lotta fun instagramming
"One universal teaching from wayfinders is that we suffer more from our thoughts about events than from the events themselves."
--Martha Beck, Finding Your Way in a Wild New World
This Month ...
- finally getting some Vitamin D poolside!
- wearing all my rainbow gear for Ptown's FIRST Pride weekend
- taking home locally gorwn foods from our farmers markets and roadside stands
- watching the rowers in Ptown's Coastal Regatta
- enjoying an interesting documentary during Ptown's Film Festival (20th year!)
- eating all the Portuguese foods during the Portuguese Festival
- watching the Blessing of the Fleet (an annual favorite of mine)
- celebrating the summer solstice in grand style
- finally seeing The Wailers after multiple attempts every summer
- listening to the speakers at Ptown's first TEDx
- whale watching before the summer gets away from me
- exploring Cape Cod Maritime Museum, Highland Museum, Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory, and the Edward Gorey House
- climb the Highland Light during sunset
- finish summerifying the house and deck