(originally published on August 4, 2013)
- eating that crusty fig and fennel bread for breakfast
- realizing I love a grey windy morning at the beach, surf tossing up waves
- watching Tipper run and dig at the beach, like a real dog
- finding little stone cities someone had built in the sand the day before
- writing another TripAdvisor review -- one review away from my first badge!
- taking a four hour drive through the backroads of Provincetown, Truro, and Wellfleet with my mother
- seeing a new view of Corn Hill Beach in Truro
- eating fish tacos spritzed with fresh lime juice from the Sunbird food truck in Wellfleet
- seeing the opreys again at Wellfleet Harbor
- walking across Uncle Tim's Bridge in Wellfleet and getting some good photos
- stopping for ice cream (again!) and having peanut butter swirl and coconut almond joy
- stopping to take a few photos of Days' Cottages
- being greeted by Tipper as if we were gone for a year
- another wonderful home-cooked meal with black olive bread from the French bakery
- the smell of zucchini bread my mom was baking in the oven right before I went to bed
"An ancient Sioux story says that the Creator had enough survival gifts for every animal except humans. So we got only one thing: the capacity to learn."
--Martha Beck, Finding Your Way in a Wild New World
This Month ...
- finally getting some Vitamin D poolside!
- wearing all my rainbow gear for Ptown's FIRST Pride weekend
- taking home locally gorwn foods from our farmers markets and roadside stands
- watching the rowers in Ptown's Coastal Regatta
- enjoying an interesting documentary during Ptown's Film Festival (20th year!)
- eating all the Portuguese foods during the Portuguese Festival
- watching the Blessing of the Fleet (an annual favorite of mine)
- celebrating the summer solstice in grand style
- finally seeing The Wailers after multiple attempts every summer
- listening to the speakers at Ptown's first TEDx
- whale watching before the summer gets away from me
- exploring Cape Cod Maritime Museum, Highland Museum, Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory, and the Edward Gorey House
- climb the Highland Light during sunset
- finish summerifying the house and deck